Safety first. Encouragement always.
FALL AND INJURY PREVENTION
Whether planned or unexpected, an outpatient surgery or hospitalization means that your body has gone through an experience that requires time to heal and functions that need to be regained. To recover well means that you have followed an optimal recovery plan set forth by your tending medical professional. We at SYNERGY HomeCare can be part of your at home recovery team. We can smooth the transition from operating room to living room or from rehab back to home.
Home care can be a great solution for people recovering from an illness as it allows them to concentrate on regaining their health while a caregiver helps around the house keeping the household running efficiently. A caregiver can also help in the recovery process by creating healthy meals, timely medication reminders and setting up follow-up health appointments.
Sometimes the hardest part of recovery is understanding and adhering to the discharge or after-care instructions given by the doctor. We can help with that, to help reduce your chances of readmission to the hospital. If you or a loved one is recovering from an illness, you will recover faster when you follow your health care team’s orders.
We can assist you with:
- Adapting the home environment for safety and independence
- Collaboration with speech, occupational and physical therapists
- Providing transportation for follow-up medical appointments
- Personal care: grooming, personal hygiene and dressing
- Transfers, mobility and fall reduction
- Meal planning and preparation
- Reminders for medication regimen
- Enhanced social activity and companionship
- Light household tasks