A Career in Kindness
If you are the kind of person who gets satisfaction from bringing joy into other people's lives, a career at SYNERGY HomeCare could be the best job you've ever had. Whether you are looking for a full-time job or part time employment, being a member of our care team offers a unique opportunity to do important, fulfilling work in the home care industry and to build close, caring relationships that endure.
Regional non-medical home care agency (franchise) looking for a degreed accountant with proven experience to oversee all aspects of the agencies’ financial responsibilities for three locations (Bellevue, WA, Vancouver, WA and Beaverton, OR). A successful candidate will be based out of the Bellevue, WA office.
Accountant Job Responsibilities:
Establishing and strengthening financial policies, procedures, internal controls, and reporting systems.
Accountant Job Duties:
- Maintenance and upgrading of entities financial statements – QuickBooks. Strong competence in use of accounting software. Ability to pro-actively take control of accounting records on “day one”.
- Ability to prepare and present monthly financial statements (income statements & balance sheets) to management and business owners.
- Support financial decisions by establishing, monitoring and enforcing fiscal policies and procedures.
- Establishing/formalizing, monitoring and enforcing internal controls.
- Directly responsible for ongoing company invoicing/billing. Knowledge of government billing procedures would be extremely valuable.
- Maintain accounts receivable, including engaging with customers in pursuit of collections and reporting to management the status of accounts receivable on an agreed time schedule.
- Manage/supervise payroll function – semi-weekly payroll is prepared by ADP.
- Maintain on-line real-time relationship with franchiser. This includes utilizing two franchiser software reporting packages that are critical to the business relationship. They support client billings, client payroll hours and franchise fee payouts.
- Ability to work with individuals in an environment that requires compassion.
Accountant Skills and Qualifications:
- Degreed accountant highly preferred
- Strong accounting, billing, accounts receivable skills
- Strong knowledge of accounting software (QuickBooks) and ability quickly to learn/adapt to multiple accounting software.
- Ability to establish company-wide systems of internal control.
- Developing budgets, analyzing company costs, particularly payroll.
- Successful candidate will be required to undergo a complete background and reference check.
- In conjunction with strong accounting and related skills, the successful candidate must have strong “people skills” as we are working in a people business where relationships and compassion are key components of this business.
If you're interested in working in a friendly environment for a company that is growing, please submit your resume, cover letter, and desired salary.
To learn more about SYNERGY HomeCare go to www.synergyhomecare.com
We look forward to hearing from you! (No staffing agencies, please!)
Email your resume today, to: [email protected]