A Career in Kindness
If you are the kind of person who gets satisfaction from bringing joy into other people's lives, a career at SYNERGY HomeCare of Arlington, VA could be the best job you've ever had. Whether you are looking for a full-time job or part time employment, being a member of our CareTEAM offers a unique opportunity to do important, fulfilling work in the home care industry and to build close, caring relationships that endure.
If a profession in home care sounds interesting to you, please browse our current career opportunities and apply online. Caring people like you are needed all over the country!
Hours: Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday (8:30AM – 3PM)
Job Title of Immediate Supervisor:
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for day-to-day office activities in support of all operations: answering calls and emails; interfacing with caregivers; human resources tasks; and other administrative work as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities Required of the Position:
The Administrative Assistant shall be responsible for assisting with the day-to-day management of the Office as follows:
- Comply with the policies and procedures approved by the CEO/Owner and helping to ensure that staff and Caregivers understand and comply with policies and procedures.
- Respond to caregiver inquiries using telephone and email
- Answer incoming calls promptly; return calls promptly; respond to email inquiries promptly;
- Refer issues and urgent matters/emergencies to management immediately
- Assist with new-hire orientation session:
Assist with Caregiver annual performance evaluations
- Maintain inventory of orientation paperwork packets
- Enter new employees into eRSP during Orientation session
- Collect paperwork and make personnel files
- Submit CG facility documents to the Facilities via fax to the ED or Nurse (eg. Brandywine, Paul Spring)
- Create Caregiver ID badge after Orientation
- Make Mask and Glove bags for the new hire (Pandemic time)
- Conduct file audits for current required documentation
- Schedule the evaluations with caregiver and HR
- Input caregiver information into the eRSP database
- Document in eRSP NOTES all important interactions with caregivers
- Process and document employee changes in the personnel files and eRSP system
- File Timecard/Activity Daily Log Sheets, Care Notes and all other client information into electronic client files within 7 business days.
- Move electronic CG documentation files to client files weekly
- Box up client and caregiver files as requested by HR and Scheduling Managers, and identify contents plus a destruction date on each box
Caregiver Documentation Submission
- Call caregivers who do not submit timesheets by the deadline and document when the timesheet will be received. Follow up to get all timesheets submitted.
- Document all information in eRSP
- Counsel and coach caregivers on timesheet completion, deadlines, and other policies
- Prepare the task list at the weekly care conference and add the tasks to eRSP within 24 hours.
- Schedule TEAM care conference Zoom meetings
- Billing & Payroll
- Prepare customers invoices for USPS mailing and mail them by 5:00pm Friday
- Mail or distribute paychecks
- Post and mail regular mail
- Maintain inventory of 10 intake folders at all times
- Manage office equipment.
- Report to work on time and communicate with the supervisor when late or not able to come to work.
- Comply with the dress code and project a professional and positive attitude toward self, clients and other staff members.
- Perform other necessary functions/duties as assigned by the Office Manager and CEO.
- Maintain compliance with corporate policy and applicable laws and regulations.
- Ensure the office maintains consistent focus on customer service;
- Comply with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA);
Minimum knowledge, skills, and abilities:
Minimum requirements include:
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Demonstrated understanding of high-volume service operations, human resources, and administration experience in a customer service focused industry
- Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills (especially on the telephone)
- Ability to handle occasional stress due to multiple calls and inquiries, and angry or upset clients.
Please send your resume today to: [email protected]