Hospital Scheduler/Care Coordinator (FT)- Immediate Hire
SYNERGY HomeCare is a non-medical agency and our mission is to enable our patients to live happy, healthy, and independent lives in the comfort and familiarity of their homes and to inspire our team with appreciation, industry-leading training, and a true commitment to their well-being.
SYNERGY HomeCare of North Atlanta (Alpharetta) is seeking a proven Hospital Scheduling/Care Coordinator who is responsible for ensuring that patient care schedules at Emory Johns Creek (EJC) Hospital are up to date and staffed in order to ensure that patients are receiving the highest level of support services and continuity of care while admitted to the hospital.
To maintain and/or increase patient hours for Emory Johns Creek Hospital on the calendar for each managed case for the duration of a case, and to ensure that we meet the expectations of our patient’s and their families during the duration of the case by doing the following:
Hospital Patient Care Coordination:
- Case Manage all assigned Hospital Cases after ten days of start of service (including Contract cases).
- Confirm all care expectations are being communicated to caregivers and verbally speak to all new caregivers going to case for first time.
- Complete Case Management Tasks Assigned including Check Ins, Special Occasions etc. and notate in eRSP
- Deal with all Hospital Patient Complaints and resolve accordingly.
- Escalate hospital complaints to HR Manager and/or Director of Operations when unable to resolve
- Communicate and document compliments and complaints from hospital patients and their family members to caregivers and staff.
- Ensure that case has a minimum number of caregivers as possible to provide continuity of care for patients while also minimizing overtime expense.
- Update Special Notes, Activities and Contacts in eRSP as needed and communicate any changes of condition or updates to caregivers as needed.
- Notate any communications with the Nurse Supervisor involved regarding the case into eRSP as appropriate keeping all office staff members in the know.
- Schedule’s caregivers based on location, experience, and availability with patients
- Familiarize caregiver with patient initial information, typed directions, time, and basic introduction of patient’s care needs and diagnosis
- Create emails to send to all caregivers for notification for shifts staffed
- Documents schedule changes
- Document’s caregiver call outs, shifts refusal, and any other changes including explanations as to why changes were made
- Confirms all fields in ERSP are complete including reminders
- Documents all interactions with caregivers
- Reports to human resources any status changes with caregivers
- Document’s caregiver accomplishments and reports to human resources
- Document all Caregiver and patients with all information pertaining to the account
- Send email/text reminders to caregivers weekly
- Deactivate all patients in the scheduling system
- Ensure that you are checking the schedule regularly to ensure all caregivers are clocked in
Required Skills and Experience:
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Scheduling experience preferred
- Must be highly organized, detailed oriented, self-motivator
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- National Background check
- Home care and administrative work experience preferred NOT required
- Strong phone and excellent customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task and work well under time pressure
- Positive, friendly attitude and ability to work well in a close team environment
- Must be able to train Monday-Friday during the first month of hire and be flexible with schedule
- Must be available to work Mon-Fri 7:00 am-5:00 pm in-home office and open for weekend backup support to on-call schedulers once a month.
- Prefer experience with online applications, Microsoft Word and/or Excel
**Applicants with CNA, PCA certificate, or 3-4 years of caregiving experience are encouraged to apply. Immediate consideration will be given**
- Eligible for health insurance benefits after 90 days/Company pays 50% of employee
- Eligible for 401(k) after one year
- Aflac Benefits available
- Vacation time benefits will be discussed at the time of hire
Please apply today by texting "4781" to (770) 767-3157. You will immediately receive a reply with a link that will allow you to apply directly from your phone or tablet. We will contact you asap to schedule a phone interview.