Safety First. Encouragement Always.
As we get older, our risk of falling increases. Things like climbing stairs, getting in and out of the shower, or even just sitting down and standing up can put us at risk of an injury from falling. In fact, statistics show that more than one out of four older adults fall each year.
As more older adults choose to age in place in the comfort of their own home, it’s important to ensure that the home provides a safe environment. Preventing falls is one of the best ways to do that.
SYNERGY HomeCare’s “Safety First” fall and injury prevention program helps seniors prevent falls and reduces the fear of falling, an all-too-common issue that can lead to reduced physical activity. Our specially trained in-home caregivers also provide support when recovering after a fall or injury.
SYNERGY HomeCare offers no obligation home assessments.
Contact us to learn how we can help identify fall risks and make recommendations
to create a safer home environment.
Safety First Program Benefits
• Prevent fall-related injuries and long-term complications
• Reduce hospital readmission following surgery or injury
• Maintain independence in the comfort of home
• Increase strength, mobility and coordination
• Build balance and flexibility
• Feel confident and stay active
Fall Prevention Services
• Prepare the home by removing and securing any tripping hazards
• Install home safety accessibility or monitoring solutions
• Provide assistance while transferring between beds and wheelchairs
• Help with walking around the house, bathroom and through the yard
Fall Recovery Services
• Assistance with personal tasks and chores around the home
• Companionship to lessen feelings of isolation during recovery
• Support with light exercise as prescribed by a doctor
• Home safety assessments to identify risks and eliminate obstacles that could cause another fall
• Medication reminders, reducing the risk of missing doses
Learn more about our highly personalized hospital-to-home ConciergeCare program.
FALL PREVENTION RESOURCES
Fall Prevention Guide
Download our free guide for a home safety checklist, exercises to improve balance and simple steps you can take to reduce the risk of falls.
Everyday Activities to Improve Balance and Prevent Falls