A Home Care Career in Kindness
If you are the kind of person who gets satisfaction from bringing joy into other people's lives, a career at your local SYNERGY HomeCare office could be the best job you've ever had. Whether you are looking for a full-time job or part time employment, being a member of our CareTEAM offers a unique opportunity to do important, fulfilling work in the home care industry and to build close, caring relationships that endure.
If a profession in home care sounds interesting to you, please browse our current career opportunities and apply online. Caring people like you are needed all over the country!
Registered Nurse (RN)
We are seeking a Registered Nurse - Per Diem to join our team! You will be responsible for the assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of assigned patients.
The basic function of the Per Diem RN position is to assure client satisfaction, and the delivery of appropriate care through the assessment of need, development of a plan of care, case management, supervision of the Direct Care employee and provision of nursing care as authorized. This includes traveling to client's homes, exercising independent judgment, advance knowledge, and speaking with other health and community professionals. Has HIPAA unrestricted access to client information.
- Be a New Jersey Licensed Registered Nurse. Have the educational requirements necessary for a Registered Professional Nurse.
- Good professional judgment and clinical knowledge.
- Have the willingness to travel throughout the service area, including the ability to drive and have a valid driver’s license and proper auto insurance.
- Must have the ability to work independently and exercise discretion and independent judgment, effectively supervise Direct Care employees and direct the work of others, exceptional communication skills, a teamwork attitude, decision-making skills, and ability to function in a stressful environment with multiple simultaneous demands. Prefer prior supervisory experience.
- Previous experience in nursing or other medical fields
- Familiarity with medical software and equipment
- Ability to build rapport with patients
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Drive to client’s home to provides an evaluation of client needs including health, functional, social, emotional and environmental, needs, develop a care plan, and case management for assigned clients. Assesses situation for the appropriate level of care. These activities require nursing care skills, good professional judgment, and the ability to analyze information, good communication skills, and the ability to relate to a diverse population.
- Coordinate assignment of Direct Care employee to clients including changing assignments as the caseload needs arise to ensure adequate coverage and continuity of care. Exercise discretion and independent judgment in making initial assignments of Direct Care employee, and in making any changes in assignments as needed to assure proper coverage and continuity of care.
- Make and receive phone calls necessary to arranging needed services for the recipient and maintaining an understanding of the development of the case.
- Maintain client record and other case documentation to standard including the complete, timely, and accurate reporting of visits and care information. Complete other required program documentation and reports as necessary.
- Supervise the Direct Care employee in the home to include reinforcement of basic skills, instruction, and demonstration of techniques, problem-solving, adherence to policies and procedures, and yearly competency and performance evaluations to enhance the quality of care. Assist in the disciplinary process as necessary by making recommendations on disciplinary action resulting from violations of policies and procedures. This activity requires good teaching and interpersonal skills.
- Participate in the annual performance evaluation of the direct care employee. This activity requires fairness and clear communication skills.
- Resolve client complaints and/or service delivery problems and document findings and make recommendations. This activity requires problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
- Maintain an adequate level of productivity to assure maximum supervision of caseload.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of service, perform reassessments of client’s needs, participate in the utilization review process, develop appropriate discharge plans; including referrals to other needed services, according to client needs.
- Assure service quality through participation in quality improvement and compliance activities.
- Prepare accurate time reports and submits them on time.
OTHER DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adherence to Agency policies and procedures.
- Maintain a valid New Jersey Registered Nurse license and malpractice insurance.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Maintain a professional image and good appearance.
- Be punctual and maintain an excellent attendance record.
- Attend Agency meetings and training.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Email your resume today to: [email protected]