A Career in Kindness
If you are the kind of person who gets satisfaction from bringing joy into other people's lives, a career at SYNERGY HomeCare of NorthWest Virginia could be the best job you've ever had. Whether you are looking for a full-time job or part time employment, being a member of our CareTEAM offers a unique opportunity to do important, fulfilling work in the home care industry and to build close, caring relationships that endure.
If a profession in home care sounds interesting to you, please browse our current career opportunities and apply online. Caring people like you are needed all over the country!
This role provides support for clients with complex medical conditions, clients of all ages, fills in for open shifts and supports clients throughout the metro Richmond area. This position will go on-site to mentor less experienced Caregivers and provide assistance when a second Caregiver is needed. The Lead Caregiver will need to communicate the values of Synergy HomeCare to other Caregivers and Clients while working in the field. The Lead Caregiver will support clients until a new permanent Caregiver is assigned. This role reports to the Scheduler.
- Be an example for other Caregivers for reliability, caregiving skills, communications, documentation, and completion of paperwork,
- Fills in as a caregiver to ensure all shifts are covered,
- Share the night and weekend on-call duties,
- Support weekend shifts,
- Supports a positive, friendly relationship with all, clients, caregivers and staff,
- Must be reliable and responsive in order to assist clients promptly. Ability to portray confidence and convey trust and empathy with a high degree of caring for all individuals,
- Must clearly communicate and understand how to relate to all: clients, caregivers, and staff,
- Provides ad hoc support to the leadership team and office staff,
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English (Bilingual a plus),
- Must be able to communicate effectively and tactfully,
- Must possess problem-solving skills,
- Must possess the willingness and ability to resolve conflict,
- Must be able to handle difficult situations with good judgment,
- Must be flexible and possess personal integrity,
- Must be available for “on-call” shifts, both during and after standard working hours,
- Current PCA or CNA designations
- Must be flexible to support clients with different conditions, personalities, ages, and geographic locations,
- Must respond quickly to phone and text messages,
- Must be able to work in a fast pace environment and changing environment,
- Experience supporting a wide range of medical conditions, ages, and personalities,
- Understanding of record keeping software to assist other Caregiver with questions.
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent,
- PCA or CNA designations
Job Type: Full Time
Email your resume today to: [email protected]