Period of War Beginning and Ending Dates
World War II December 7, 1941 through December 31, 1946
Korean Conflict June 27, 1950 through January 31, 1955
Vietnam Era August 5, 1964 through May 7, 1975
Gulf War August 2, 1990 through a date to be set by law of Presidential Proclamation
2. Veteran must have recieved discharge other than dishonorable.
3. Veteran must be at least 65 years of age or be receiving social security disability.
4. Veteran's medical needs: Help with at least 2 activities of daily living (ADLs) such as bathing, dressing, eating, medicating, toileting or transferring.
5. Month income: Show unreimbursed (out of pocket) medical expenses.
6. Net assets (excluding home and car) are within limits for given age and marital status.
Single surviving spouses of such veterans are also eligible but must have been married during the time of veteran's death. If younger than 65, the veteran must be totally disabled. If age 65 and older, there is no requirement for disability.
These benefits can be used to offset the cost of assisted living, home care or nursing care. If you believe you meet the eligibility requirements or would like to know more about the program please contact Jerry Sowik of SYNERGY HomeCare of Rochester at