A Career in Kindness
If you are the kind of person who gets satisfaction from bringing joy into other people's lives, a career at SYNERGY HomeCare could be the best job you've ever had. Whether you are looking for a full-time job or part time employment, being a member of our care team offers a unique opportunity to do important, fulfilling work in the home care industry and to build close, caring relationships that endure.
Part-time Office Assistant
SYNERGY HomeCare is a non-skilled agency and our mission is to enable our clients to live happy, healthy, and independent lives in the comfort and familiarity of their homes and to inspire our caregivers with appreciation, industry-leading training and a true commitment to their well-being.
We are seeking part-time Office Assistant with caregiver backup support to join our independently owned and operated national agency.
Job Title: Office Assistant
Location: Upland, Ca.
Position Available: Immediately
Classification: Part Time (20 - 30 hrs / week)
- Take incoming calls and triage calls to appropriate staff members.
- Perform general office management tasks such as ordering office supplies, inventory, mailing, filing, scanning, support with database management.
- Responsible for assisting in recruiting process for caregivers i.e. searching for applicants, scheduling interviews, processing ‘new hire’ paperwork.
- Document appropriate information in employee records; transfer relevant information to HR or management.
- Enter data of new caregivers into online software accurately, communicate to internal and external staff accordingly.
- Support other staff member in developing caregiver work schedules by allocating employees in shifts and positions.
- Effectively resolves issues with a positive, professional demeanor finding solutions using clear processes and protocols.
- Maintain good communication with caregivers.
- Coordinate with management to schedule timely assessments with client families.
- Assist with preparation of letters, memos, reports, thank you cards, etc
Caregivers Support (Backup)
- Available to share on-call and backup caregiver duties as assigned.
- Keeping track and managing Care logs/client visit records into the computer.
- Distribute and collect care plans to the client for updated information on the client.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to organize thoughts and present them clearly
- Must be self-motivated and able to work without direct supervision
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other basic business programs for general business use, including the preparation of marketing related materials and presentations
- Customer service-oriented and skilled in customer conflict resolution techniques
- Position requires automobile travel within designated geographical areas
- Valid driver's license, reliable transportation, and willingness to travel
- Have or acquire CPR/First Aid certification
- Evidence of a negative Tuberculosis (TB) test
- High school diploma/GED
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- 1-2 years of administrative support experience in a high-volume business environment
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Caregiver experience is a must
- Must be able to work afternoons, (Monday-Friday 12:30 pm 4:30 pm) and have reliable transportation to work
- Can handle sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality
- Ability to write, speak and interact clearly and professionally
Physical and Mental Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Available for After Hours and Weekend On-Call
- Set up a rotating schedule within the office