1. Is Medicare or Medicaid funding available for these services?
Today, Medicare does not cover non-medical home care services. The exception to this is when a patient is eligible for Home Health Care (skilled nursing) and continues to meet those criteria, and the home care services are provided by the Medicare certified Home Health Agency; there is a limit to how much home care will be covered. Medicaid offers some coverage to eligible Medicaid recipients. In this case, the agency used must be a certified Medicaid provider. For more information, visit: http://www.cms.hhs.gov
Absolutely. With your approval, we will check your coverage and let you know the results.
3. What different services do you offer?
SYNERGY HomeCare is proud to offer a full range of non-medical home care services. Call us at (501) 313-2811 and we can help you determine the specific services right for your situation.
4. Can you do short term senior care?
Yes. Our care is always determined by what you need—part of our "No Contracts, Just Care" philosophy. We will work with you to create a plan of care specific to your individual needs.
5. Can you care for someone in a facility (hospital, nursing home, or assisted living)?
Yes. We provide services to you wherever you call home.
6. What if a family member needs to be put in a care facility while receiving SYNERGY HomeCare’s services?
We transition with you. We work with you and the facility to continue providing the services you request.
7. Do I have to sign a contract locking me into services?
No. SYNERGY HomeCare is here to meet your needs, and as your needs change, so will the services you receive. Our service agreement reflects this and flexes to meet changing needs.
8. How often do I get billed for services?
Billing is done on a weekly basis.
9. Is there any additional cost to me?
No. Every agreement is clear and transparent; there are no hidden fees. The most typical additional cost you may incur is mileage when you ask your caregiver to run errands in their personal vehicle.
10. Do you accept credit card payments?
Yes, we accept credit cards, debit cards, flex benefit cards, as well as cash and checks.
11. What if I need to speak to someone in the office after business hours?
SYNERGY HomeCare's office staff is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. When the office is closed, there is always an on-call person available to help you.
12. Why would I hire a SYNERGY HomeCare caregiver versus a private caregiver for my family?
• If you hire privately, you become the employer of the caregiver. The following are just a few of the things you must take into consideration when hiring privately:
• Once you hire a caregiver privately, you are responsible for all state and federal payroll taxes.
• You must obtain Workers Compensation Insurance or make sure your private caregiver comes with insurance. If not, you could be responsible for any injuries claimed to have happened while working at your home.
• If your private caregiver is unable to work, your loved one is left alone. Instead, SYNERGY HomeCare could send an alternate caregiver so your loved one is not left without assistance.
• SYNERGY HomeCare’s caregivers have passed a comprehensive, national criminal background check and are bonded against theft.
13. What should I be looking for in a non-medical home care agency?
• The best in-home care agencies respond immediately to your home care needs.
• They should have someone available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
• They should guarantee that services will always be provided.
• Their employees should be bonded against theft.
• The attendants should be company employees, not contract employees. They should screen their employees and have national criminal background checks run on each of them.
• No one should ever show up at your home without an introduction and agency identification.
• They should provide periodic visits to your home in order to check on their employee and to make sure that you are happy with the services you’re receiving.
14. How long will it take to get a caregiver?
Based on your needs and requests, we can provide a caregiver immediately or at your convenience.
15. What happens if a caregiver is unable to show up for a scheduled shift?
If your family’s caregiver is unavailable for any reason, another is made immediately available.
16. How do you select my caregiver?
All of our caregivers have successfully passed a thorough reference and national criminal background check and are bonded and insured. They are then trained to provide the services offered. We match your specific needs and requests to the skills and background of each caregiver to find the ideal companion.